FrancesKR

Dmitry Glukhovsky
Southern Gods
John Hornor Jacobs
Masterpieces of Terror and the Supernatural
Robert Louis Stevenson, Orson Scott Card, Jack London, Tanith Lee, Walt Whitman, Guy de Maupassant, Isaac Asimov, Ivan Turgenev, Johann Ludwig Tieck, Marvin Kaye, John Dickson Carr, Bram Stoker, Tennessee Williams, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Richard Matheson, Johann Wolfgang
Howdunit Forensics
Garnethill
Denise Mina
The Autopsy and Other Tales
Michael Shea, Laird Barron
Alice Hearts Welsh Zombies
Victoria Dunn
Blood & Water
Hayden Trenholm, Camille Alexa, Claude Lalumière, Derryl Murphy, M.L.D. Curelas, Kevin Cockle, Douglas Smith, Jean-Louis Trudel, Julie E. Czerneda
Birthdays for the Dead - Stuart MacBride Was looking for some relaxing reading, and decided that rather than continue [b:Strange Things and Stranger Places|451436|Strange Things and Stranger Places|Ramsey Campbell|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1255575658s/451436.jpg|440064], I'd pick up MacBride. Because apparently gritty and rather gruesome Scottish crime fiction is my go-to when I'm stressed and need to unwind.

Some day I will figure this out. Right now I'm just going to kick back and enjoy it working.

========

Finished reading this this morning. It was actually grimmer than I expected, and yes, that's saying something. I was sort of staring at the page, and then I kept reading, and then it got worse. A very compact stab wound, deep and painful.

(Hopefully the next one in the Logan McRae series will come in soon. The local book store does have a copy, but I ordered it specifically in paperback so that it would fit with the others on the shelf. (Stuart MacBride actually sent them an e-mail thanking them for all their work selling his books. Which makes sense; the owner is a big crime fiction fan, and actually nice to talk to about things like The Wire and Prime Suspect as well.))