FrancesKR

Dmitry Glukhovsky
Southern Gods
John Hornor Jacobs
Masterpieces of Terror and the Supernatural
Robert Louis Stevenson, Orson Scott Card, Jack London, Tanith Lee, Walt Whitman, Guy de Maupassant, Isaac Asimov, Ivan Turgenev, Johann Ludwig Tieck, Marvin Kaye, John Dickson Carr, Bram Stoker, Tennessee Williams, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Richard Matheson, Johann Wolfgang
Howdunit Forensics
Garnethill
Denise Mina
The Autopsy and Other Tales
Michael Shea, Laird Barron
Alice Hearts Welsh Zombies
Victoria Dunn
Blood & Water
Hayden Trenholm, Camille Alexa, Claude Lalumière, Derryl Murphy, M.L.D. Curelas, Kevin Cockle, Douglas Smith, Jean-Louis Trudel, Julie E. Czerneda
Welcome to Hard Times - E.L. Doctorow Well. Picked it up and started reading and I would just like to note that the first dozen pages or so are... slightly less bleak than Threads, and more horrible.

(It made me think of the story that Shane Hensley tells about the first Deadlands game--or game that would become Deadlands, too. It does not have the comforting excuse of being monsters who do this.)

========

Continuing to read. About three-fifths of the way through. It's mellowed some, which is good; I don't think I could have handled the tone of the first part through the entire book, never mind that it's a short book. It's... almost slow, in a way, the steady progression of the life of a town.

I am terribly afraid the Bad Man will come back, and sort of hoping Jenks is around and useful if he does.

========

...I'm done now.

That was an almost unspeakably well-written book.

I think I might cry.