FrancesKR

Dmitry Glukhovsky
Southern Gods
John Hornor Jacobs
Masterpieces of Terror and the Supernatural
Robert Louis Stevenson, Orson Scott Card, Jack London, Tanith Lee, Walt Whitman, Guy de Maupassant, Isaac Asimov, Ivan Turgenev, Johann Ludwig Tieck, Marvin Kaye, John Dickson Carr, Bram Stoker, Tennessee Williams, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Richard Matheson, Johann Wolfgang
Howdunit Forensics
Garnethill
Denise Mina
The Autopsy and Other Tales
Michael Shea, Laird Barron
Alice Hearts Welsh Zombies
Victoria Dunn
Blood & Water
Hayden Trenholm, Camille Alexa, Claude Lalumière, Derryl Murphy, M.L.D. Curelas, Kevin Cockle, Douglas Smith, Jean-Louis Trudel, Julie E. Czerneda
Neonomicon - Alan Moore, Antony Johnston, Jacen Burrows I liked it; it's a new and interesting take on Lovecraftian madness, how the stories tie into the reality, and what dealing with the Mythos might actually do. It ends on a very ominous note, the art's good, the pacing's excellent. Like most Alan Moore graphic novels, it is not exactly something you can skim, and I'm fine and happy with that.

I might have given it four stars. However.

There are six disturbing pages in there, and four of them are really disturbing. Possibly it wouldn't have been as bad in text, rather than images. It's hard not to take in all the information in images; the trick of skimming or skipping over words the way you can with the pages of a novel, it doesn't work so well on GNs.

But yeah. I would have appreciated knowing in advance about the-- not even about the rape, about the depiction of same, and would include the phrase "trigger warning" in any discussion of the book that is more than casual.