FrancesKR

Dmitry Glukhovsky
Southern Gods
John Hornor Jacobs
Masterpieces of Terror and the Supernatural
Robert Louis Stevenson, Orson Scott Card, Jack London, Tanith Lee, Walt Whitman, Guy de Maupassant, Isaac Asimov, Ivan Turgenev, Johann Ludwig Tieck, Marvin Kaye, John Dickson Carr, Bram Stoker, Tennessee Williams, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Richard Matheson, Johann Wolfgang
Howdunit Forensics
Garnethill
Denise Mina
The Autopsy and Other Tales
Michael Shea, Laird Barron
Alice Hearts Welsh Zombies
Victoria Dunn
Blood & Water
Hayden Trenholm, Camille Alexa, Claude Lalumière, Derryl Murphy, M.L.D. Curelas, Kevin Cockle, Douglas Smith, Jean-Louis Trudel, Julie E. Czerneda

Conference with the Dead

Conference with the Dead - Terry Lamsley, Ramsey Campbell, J.K. Potter Just started; I'd read a couple of these before, but long enough ago that I decided it was worth a reread. The ones that are new to me seem plain--not in a bad way, but plain in the way M.R. James is quiet.

The later stories in the book are slightly weirder; there's the same calm explanation as always, it's just relating how reality is doing a quiet little fever-dream melt and slip. They never quite end up portraying the misunderstandings of a character as reality, though--it's something I associate very much with Ramsey Campbell, and with him writing the introduction, I was a bit anxious about the possibility. (Please understand; I like Campbell's writing, but I'd settled into the quiet ghost story mood of he collection, and I don't think the style would have fit.)