FrancesKR

Dmitry Glukhovsky
Southern Gods
John Hornor Jacobs
Masterpieces of Terror and the Supernatural
Robert Louis Stevenson, Orson Scott Card, Jack London, Tanith Lee, Walt Whitman, Guy de Maupassant, Isaac Asimov, Ivan Turgenev, Johann Ludwig Tieck, Marvin Kaye, John Dickson Carr, Bram Stoker, Tennessee Williams, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Richard Matheson, Johann Wolfgang
Howdunit Forensics
Garnethill
Denise Mina
The Autopsy and Other Tales
Michael Shea, Laird Barron
Alice Hearts Welsh Zombies
Victoria Dunn
Blood & Water
Hayden Trenholm, Camille Alexa, Claude Lalumière, Derryl Murphy, M.L.D. Curelas, Kevin Cockle, Douglas Smith, Jean-Louis Trudel, Julie E. Czerneda
Coraline - Neil Gaiman, Dave McKean I don't remember exactly when I started this, but I think it was two weeks ago. So.

Interesting to compare and contrast with the movie.

I like Coraline better in the book. She seems more patient, and gentler. And the book made it clearer that the other mother was going to cheat; I always thought Coraline's decision to cheat in the movie broke with the tacit rules of the setting, and it always felt a bit odd. The scene with her father standing there to be stung so she could get away from the wasps was lovely, and I'm still thinking about the definition of bravery.

The movie, I think, hit the happens-in-threes beat of a fairy tale better than the book did. And I like Coraline's parents better in the movie; we see more of what they're trying to manage, and it's easier to understand their absence.