FrancesKR

Dmitry Glukhovsky
Southern Gods
John Hornor Jacobs
Masterpieces of Terror and the Supernatural
Robert Louis Stevenson, Orson Scott Card, Jack London, Tanith Lee, Walt Whitman, Guy de Maupassant, Isaac Asimov, Ivan Turgenev, Johann Ludwig Tieck, Marvin Kaye, John Dickson Carr, Bram Stoker, Tennessee Williams, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Richard Matheson, Johann Wolfgang
Howdunit Forensics
Garnethill
Denise Mina
The Autopsy and Other Tales
Michael Shea, Laird Barron
Alice Hearts Welsh Zombies
Victoria Dunn
Blood & Water
Hayden Trenholm, Camille Alexa, Claude Lalumière, Derryl Murphy, M.L.D. Curelas, Kevin Cockle, Douglas Smith, Jean-Louis Trudel, Julie E. Czerneda
Fungi - Orrin Grey, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Camille Alexa, Laird Barron A much wider range of stories than I was expecting. You've got some classic fungus/body horror and some sad tales of personal darkness, but there's also Victorian bio-engineering, weird Westerns, dark comedy, science fiction that puts the mushrooms in a very different role from what I was expecting, high fantasy (the old stuff), cross-sections of neighbourhood life that take a dark turn, mind-altering alien invasion, poetry...

I'm sitting here looking over the table of contents, and I really don't think I can do justice to the scope of the stories, here; the variety of style and topic is honestly surprising, even as the quality is consistently high. A couple of them didn't blow me away, but all that means is that when presented with twenty-seven stories, the worst thing I can possibly say about one or two of them is "well-written, not to my personal taste".

(I've made sure the official URL to the book is included in the Goodreads information for all three editions, so you could be reading the ebook in less time than it takes you to finish this review. Just saying.)

Some particular favourites of mine, that make me want to see what else the authors have done:

Last Bloom on the Sage, by Andrew Penn Romine. A dynamic weird Western; I look at what it does for the Wild West and I'm reminded of what Elizabeth Bear and Sarah Monette did for spaceships and space stations with "Boojum" and "Mongoose".

Goatsbride, by Richard Gavin. A rich, dark tale of horror where the fungus meshes with human evil and an ancient monster. Makes me think of the best of what I used to love about the old Pan Book of Horror Stories collections.

Tubby McMungus, Fat From Fungus, by Molly Tanzer. A pair of cheerfully dastardly thieving protagonists on the trail of a lost book. Prompted a very odd late-night conversation. (hardcover only)

I really have to say I've trimmed this list down hard--I stopped and went back over it when I realized I was in danger of mentioning half the stories in the anthology. Honestly, there isn't a bad one in the bunch; I think this is the best anthology (for style, quality, and variety) I've seen in ages, and really recommend picking it up.