FrancesKR

Dmitry Glukhovsky
Southern Gods
John Hornor Jacobs
Masterpieces of Terror and the Supernatural
Robert Louis Stevenson, Orson Scott Card, Jack London, Tanith Lee, Walt Whitman, Guy de Maupassant, Isaac Asimov, Ivan Turgenev, Johann Ludwig Tieck, Marvin Kaye, John Dickson Carr, Bram Stoker, Tennessee Williams, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Richard Matheson, Johann Wolfgang
Howdunit Forensics
Garnethill
Denise Mina
The Autopsy and Other Tales
Michael Shea, Laird Barron
Alice Hearts Welsh Zombies
Victoria Dunn
Blood & Water
Hayden Trenholm, Camille Alexa, Claude Lalumière, Derryl Murphy, M.L.D. Curelas, Kevin Cockle, Douglas Smith, Jean-Louis Trudel, Julie E. Czerneda
Tales of Jack the Ripper - Laird Barron;Joe R. Lansdale (I understand I should mention I got my copy as a gift. And it came with a little rubber kidney. A kidne, people. You try explaining to a bewildered barista why that's making you laugh. The looks you get.)

Another book that's making me revisit my policy of reserving five stars for books that everyone should read regardless of whether they are usually interested in the genre--because by any other metric, this would be a five-star book. It's thoughtful, strange, creepy, weird, clever--it ranges from layering strange new meaning onto the quasquicentennial-old[1] events to reinterpreting them in new settings to addressing just what can develop out of a driving obsession with Jack.

Seriously worth picking up, for those with an interest in the Ripper, fans of horror, and those who enjoy the supernatural mixed with their crime fiction.
---
[1] Another plus. Do you know how few books teach me new words?